Sunday, November 13, 2011

An unBEARable date?

Once upon a time in a land far far away there was a (grown) boy who liked bears. A lot.

Some of my friends (hey Kim!!!) told me this was a funny quirk but I wasn't sure.

And then

He took me on a date. To the zoo. To see the bears. In January.

My mother trained me well, it was cold outside so I had on long johns, snow boots, gloves, those hand heater things (in my boots AND gloves) and a coat. Even still, I was Freezing. And I had to stand outside in the cold watching those damn bears

He stood forever talking to the bears in baby talk voice (if you don't know how I feel about baby talk in general...) as I huddled against a wall that served as my wind block.

People came and went. and we stayed. Forever.

The bears weren't out and moving that night because, well it was below freezing. But we kept talking!!

Finally he heard my teeth chattering and I got to leave.

Dating lesson: boy who baby talks bears is crazy. (no need to mince words on this one)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! If you're willing to move around with the Navy, I'm sure I could find you someone that wasn't in love with bears....or Bed, Bath, & Beyond...or bread and spaghetti sauce pizza.

    ReplyDelete