Thursday, June 23, 2011

a short rant

It has recently (for fun let’s peg this at oh… five hours) occurred to me that some guys have no idea about proper break up etiquette. to this I say, listen here little chillins, let me learn you…

Proper:

In person

A phone call, when more than eight hours separates you

Improper:

A phone call, while one of the parties is snow skiing for four days....can’t it wait till I get home....

A text message an hour before my company Christmas party....thanks, if you’d given me more notice I could have found another date....

Google chat, when you are less than 10 miles away....get your lazy butt in the car and do it in person....

No action at all....I’m a worrier, I'll think you’ve been hit by a car....

A text message, after three months of dating....you could have at least called, your phone is obviously working....

A post it....ok so this didn’t happen to me, but we all remember it from Sex and the City....



Now I will be the first to admit, I have used a text to break it off after 1 date. It was acceptable, I swear…it was a blind date and he used the phrase, “just so you know, I grew up with money,” within the first ten minutes.

I have also used the facebook message as a means of conveance. Acceptable as well: 1 date followed by several creepy, late night, very inappropriate messages.

But sweet pea, a text message after more than a couple dates just is not acceptable. And its most certainly not acceptable after three months. I don’t know what Men’s Health article you read, or what your momma said, but it just ain’t right.

I could go on, but nobody likes a crazy girl, and lets face it…I knew you weren’t the one.

Dating lesson for the day: if the urge strikes you to break up in a text message, do us all a favor and grow a pair…

2 comments: