Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Risky Business


Recently I went on a date with a real big shot.

Or supposedly he was a big shot.

Or maybe he was the only one who thought he was a big shot.

By the end of the date I couldn't determine what category he fell into but I am leaning towards the latter.

I don't really dig the whole I-think-I-kick-ass-and-I-am-going-to-tell-you-why-I-do mentality, but at one point, he even gave me his business card.

Really?

Is this a job interview: No

Are we at a Chamber of Commerce happy hour: No

Am I in the market for a new commercial HVAC unit: No

Will I need to call you afterward to follow up on action items from the meeting: No

Will I ever call you, period: No

Should I take your business card and dispose of it using the little tea light on the table: YES!

Dating Lesson: Don't give a girl your business card on a date. Unless you might actually do business with her. Or if you are a fireman and she might need to call you in an emergency.

1 comment:

  1. This one had me laughing out loud!!!! Mostly because the older I get, the more business cards are handed out on "dates".

    ReplyDelete