Friday, October 21, 2011

Growing Up


Growing up is hard.

Yeah, I know this blog is about dating, but dating is part of growing up. And growing up is part of dating too.

There are old jobs, new jobs, bills, insurance, etc etc etc and friends.

I think sometimes the friends part of growing up can be the hardest, and it is something I have been struggling with a lot lately.

Don't get me wrong, carmenjennameredithhannahkelly you are still the cherry on my ice cream (If I liked cherries, which I don't). But there are some others that are giving me headaches.

And then I saw this

And I said EXACTLY!! This is exactly how I feel!!!

Then I read an excerpt from Mindy Kaling's book and it made me laugh!

I guess girl friends can be a lot like boyfriends. Some hang around in your life for a long, long time like that never ending can of Comet (cause you know I LOVE cleaning.ha.yeah right) and name their babies after you and some, well...people write books/blogs/movie scripts about.

4 comments:

  1. I read the excerpts & it is sooo funny!!! They really probably let us read too much though, bc I now feel that I have read most of the book. Love the part about 1 night stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, thanks for linking to this! I read the excerpts and LOVED it! And guess what? I would do all those best friend things for you. And, even when I get real busy with my baby, I will text you congratulations on your work promotion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I will get your infant her first players card to USTA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I agree...but I am hopefully the book is even better! I sent your blog to a friend who may be moving to Canada :)

    ReplyDelete