Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Please Hold

Funny story...
Remember Text Message Man?

Originally, my blog was going to have an underlying theme about something very philosophical and deep, but then I scrapped that idea and changed it to "firemen are hot" (two references: here and here).

But then...oh, but then... I got dumped in a text message.

and now, the theme of my blog is.....you guessed it........text message guy!!!

Now, sweetheart, I know you read this (or at least a little birdy told me you did once) but please don't take it personal...you set yourself up for it!!!

anyway... I digress...

Today is a good day. I'm working, clicking my way through the day, and the phone rings.

It is for my boss and I ask the caller's name before I transfer him over, like I have done a million times before.

Would you guess who it is?

None other than the father of seƱor text message! I. Die.

Normally when someone calls for my boss, I say thank you Mr. InsertLastNameHere , please hold, and then I transfer them to my boss (I would make a real good secretary!).

Not today. Today, I pause, contemplate the funny story that I could go into...and start laughing like crazy in my little head.

I decide against it and say, "Please hold." Meanwhile I look ALL over for the button on my phone that will transfer Mr. Text Msg Sr. to my boss.

And I cannot find the dang button!!

I am laughing so hard at the imaginary conversation going on in my head that I somewhat chuckle out loud.

Ah, there it is! Same place it that button has been for the last year and a half.

That my friends, is a day maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment