Friday, October 21, 2011

Lady's Night!


In a single girl’s life, sometimes it’s the smallest thing that bring the best smile.

For instance.

Tuesday is Lady’s Night at the oil change place. By “night” I mean they close at 6:00 so I had to start my evening early and stop by over my lunch hour.

I am not sure if the “welcome to quick lube” guys were laying it on thick because it was Lady’s Night or because they think I like the “I work hard for my money” (sing it!) type, but regardless, I was ready to vomit.

And hello, Mike, I can see your wedding ring.

Anyway, after I sitting through a very long oil change, complete with repeated flirtations by the married Mike, I was ready to get my 10% discount and get out of there.

After I saved my $4.10 the one well mannered, nice looking guy of the bunch said, “Don’t forget your flower!” and I saw this 5 gallon bucked with a couple dozen roses haphazardly thrown in.

I melt.

Me: Really! I get a rose!

Him: Yes, its Lady’s Night!

Me: Do you want to go on a date tonight? Ok, I will pick you up at seven.

Me (in reality): Oh my goodness, this totally made my day! I am taking it to work!!!!!

And here it has sat, ever since.

Attn FTD: I have a copyright on the classy water bottle-vase. If you steal it, my attorney will call.

1 comment:

  1. You have the same attorney that I have! (Or that I would have if I needed one and lived in Texas!)

    ReplyDelete